TEXAS SCOTS SQUATCHIN' OUR WAY TO YUKON, OKLAHOMA!
SUPPORTING SCOTTISH CULTURE & GAMES at The Sterling Classic Scottish Festival in Yukon, OK. Sept 10-12, 2021
We will be setting up a Texas Scots Tent and will be on site all weekend. Come say hi!
TEXAS SCOTS Webpage: https://www.texasscots.com/news/texas-scots-squatchin
TEXAS SCOTS SQUATCHIN' TSHIRT PREORDER Link: https://stores.inksoft.com/texas_scots/shop/home
#TEXASSCOTTISHFESTIVAL #TEXASSCOTS #STERLINGCLASSIC #STIRLINGCLASSICFESTIVAL #IRONTHISTLESCOTTISHFESTIVAL #SCOTTISHFESTIVAL #HIGHLANDGAMES #TEXASSCOTSSQUATCHIN
#TEXASSCOTSSQUATCH #TEXASSCOTS #TEXASSCOTTISHFESTIVAL #IRONTHISTLESCOTTISHFESTIVAL #IRONTHISTLE #SCOTTISHFESTIVAL #HIGHLANDGAMES #HEAVYATHLETICS #TEXASSQUATCH #PLAIDSASQUATCH #KEEPTEXASKILTED #TEXASSCOTSTRAVEL
Follow us on Facebook & Instagram for a chance to win a Texas Scottish Festival & Highland Games T-Shirt. We will award Facebook & Twitter winner when we reach 10K Likes on our Facebook page. We are only "25 Likes" away. Help us 'Keep Texas Kilted.'
Save the Date for the Texas Scottish Festival & Highland Games the first weekend in May 2021. Tickets available online > HERE <
#texasscots #keeptexaskilted #texasscottishfestival #highlandgames #heavyathletics
UPDATE ON TEXAS SCOTTISH FESTIVAL
TSF&HG Patrons, Guests, Partners & Vendors,
There are no words to describe what we have been through over the last several weeks. The coronavirus / COVID-19 global pandemic has significantly altered and impacted our Texas Scots Community. Our hearts are with you and all attendees, vendors, athletes, musicians, volunteers, sponsors, and artists, near and far who’ve been impacted.
The Texas Scottish Festival & Highland Games board is working to keeping our Scottish tradition alive. We recognize that many of you have made changes to your day to day activities and look forward to the festival. Our goal is to announce the new location by May 1st, 2020.
We are grateful for the support from many of you and your understanding during this crisis. Please take care of yourself and your loved ones.
1. Be sure to sign up on Facebook and our other social media for festival updates, vendor offers and virtual events during this time of social distancing. LINKS > FACEBOOK, TWITTER & INSTAGRAM <
2. Our next announcement will be made by May 1st, 2020.
3. If you have already purchased tickets, registered as a vendor or competition/event it will be valid for the new dates, October 16-18, 2020. If you require a refund we will be accepting & begin processing requests starting April 16th, 2020. If we do not hear from you we will assume you are interested in joining us for our Fall Event. If you are interested in a refund please fill out this form: https://www.texasscots.com/coronavirusupdates.html
4. If you wish to purchase ticket for the fall event we will turn on sales when location specifics are confirmed.
5. If you have submitted a payment as a Vendor, Scottish clan, Celtic organization, Sponsor etc. we will be reaching out to see if you are interested and able to join us October 16-18, 2020. If you are unable please fill out this form for a refund: https://www.texasscots.com/coronavirusupdates.html
6. Look for online offers(Facebook, Social Media and Emails) from us, our vendors and sponsors as we try to support our Celtic community.
Thank you for your understanding and patience. Stay safe and be kind.
Wendy Walker Davis, TSF&HG Executive Director
FOLLOW US ON
FACEBOOK, TWITTER & INSTAGRAM
#TexasScots #TexasScottishFestival #KeepTexasKilted
The Scottish Banner has reached out to our Scottish Community through our National Organization, Association of Scottish Games & Festivals. Their message follows:
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
From: The Scottish Banner
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2020
Subject: Reaching out to our Scottish community
During this unprecedented time, we are very anxious of what is happening across the globe. With Scottish events being heavily impacted by postponements and cancellations worldwide, members of our Scottish community organizations cannot get out to attend and celebrate Scotland as we have all enjoyed in the past.
Please find attached the latest issue of the Scottish Banner which you are free to distribute to your membership, which I hope may play a small role in helping to keep members feeling connected to Scotland in this time of social distancing.
If you would like any recent past editions or future editions sent with our compliments do let us know.
If your group has any general news or is doing anything specifically during this extraordinary time, please share it with us so we can share with our readers and followers as now more than ever is the time the Scottish community needs to stand together and support one another. We host the world’s leading international Scottish events listing and our site is being updated daily, if your group has an event change please let us know so the wider Scottish community can keep up to date.
I look forward to when our community can get back to normal and celebrate our great culture, in the meantime the Scottish Banner stands ready in any way we can to assist and support Scottish community organisations both now and in the future.
The Scottish Banner
Join the conversation:
#ScottishBanner or #TheBanner
Celebrating 44 Years of Publication
Uniting Scots Around the World
*Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.
As you might imagine, having the Texas Scottish Festival & Highland Games May 1-3, 2020 has become impossible with the current shelter in place orders in Texas and United States. We are working to reschedule the event in the fall. We are looking for a new venue as the Wise County Fairgrounds is unavailable in the fall.
Please know the TSF Board is committed to finding a new location that will accommodate all the activities that make up the Texas Scottish Festival & Highland Games. With that in mind, we may have to scale down the festival and attendance--giving priority to those who have already pre-purchased tickets. We have a couple locations lined up working with the new festival dates October 16-18, 2020.
1. Sign up for our email list & Facebook for festival updates. Email signup link: https://www.texasscots.com/contact_form.html
2. Our next announcement will be April 16th, 2020. We are optimistic that we will have more information on the new fall venue at that time.
3. If you have already purchased tickets, registered as a vendor or competition/event it will be valid for the new dates, October 16-18, 2020. If you require a refund we will be accepting & begin processing requests starting April 16th.
4. If you have submitted a payment as a Vendor, Scottish clan, Celtic organization, Sponsor etc. we will be reaching out to see if you are interested and able to join us October 16-18, 2020.
5. Look for online offers (Facebook, Social Media and Emails) from us, our vendors and sponsors as we try to support our community.
6. You can reach us: firstname.lastname@example.org and #469.424.1930
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic. This is an unprecedented situation -- unlike anything we have experienced before. In rescheduling the festival, we are doing what we can to take care of others and ourselves by preventing the spread of the virus. Thank you for your understanding and patience. Stay safe and be kind.
Lang may yer lum reek,
Wendy Walker Davis, Executive Director
March 16, 2020 Coronavirus Update:
Texas Scottish Festival & Highland Games(TSF&HG) Friends and Family,
Friday March 13th a Texas State-wide disaster declaration was made. Yesterday, the CDC updated their recommendations to events from a maximum of 250 to 50 people be postponed*. The Texas Scottish Festival & Highland Games is reviewing the new guidelines and our options for the festival to move forward. Your safety is important to us and we are taking this seriously.
We will be reviewing all our options this week and will be in touch with additional information as it relates to the May 1-3, 2020 event. We will make another announcement after our 28th of March TSF&HG board meeting.
Thank you for your patience as we navigate this unprecedented global pandemic. #washyourhands
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The Science of Soap - here’s how it kills the coronavirus by Pall Thordarson > link <
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html > link <
#TexasScots #TexasScottishFestival #WashYourHands #CoverYourCoughs #Coronavirus #WiseCountyTX
TEXAS SCOTTISH FESTIVAL & HIGHLAND GAMES
Texas Scottish Festival