TSF&HG Patrons, Guests & Vendors,
As you might imagine, having the Texas Scottish Festival & Highland Games May 1-3, 2020 has become impossible with the current shelter in place orders in Texas and United States. We are working to reschedule the event in the fall. We are looking for a new venue as the Wise County Fairgrounds is unavailable in the fall.
Please know the TSF Board is committed to finding a new location that will accommodate all the activities that make up the Texas Scottish Festival & Highland Games. With that in mind, we may have to scale down the festival and attendance--giving priority to those who have already pre-purchased tickets. We have a couple locations lined up working with the new festival dates October 16-18, 2020.
1. Sign up for our email list & Facebook for festival updates. Email signup link: https://www.texasscots.com/contact_form.html
2. Our next announcement will be April 16th, 2020. We are optimistic that we will have more information on the new fall venue at that time.
3. If you have already purchased tickets, registered as a vendor or competition/event it will be valid for the new dates, October 16-18, 2020. If you require a refund we will be accepting & begin processing requests starting April 16th.
4. If you have submitted a payment as a Vendor, Scottish clan, Celtic organization, Sponsor etc. we will be reaching out to see if you are interested and able to join us October 16-18, 2020.
5. Look for online offers (Facebook, Social Media and Emails) from us, our vendors and sponsors as we try to support our community.
6. You can reach us: email@example.com and #469.424.1930
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic. This is an unprecedented situation -- unlike anything we have experienced before. In rescheduling the festival, we are doing what we can to take care of others and ourselves by preventing the spread of the virus. Thank you for your understanding and patience. Stay safe and be kind.
Lang may yer lum reek,
Wendy Walker Davis, Executive Director
Follow us online for updates:
We know Thanksgiving is not a Scottish holiday -- but Turkey is a thing for Christmas dinner in Scotland. We thought we would share a fun Scottish pin head oats stuffing recipe. #TexasScots #Thanksgiving
TAX DAY Special Good ONLY until Midnight Tonight
"Dallas and Fort Worth have a number of well-publicized cultural events the first weekend of May, but my favorite, hands down, is the Texas Scottish Festival & Highland Games held the first weekend of May on the campus of the University of Texas in Arlington.
A Clan Village allows attendees to meet and greet members of their extended, sometimes VERY extended, families and compare genealogical notes, or take in dance competitions while melodies from the pipers fill the air. Our guest this year discovered her Scottish heritage leads to Clan Gordon by way of Aberdeenshire County.
Scots are big on kith and kin, and the Texas Scottish Festival is a very family friendly event. Kids can take advantage of a special area and activities just for them."
(click on image above to see the full blog post by Michael Morgan in Entertainment & Media, Parenting for Dads, Personal Stories, Travel, Uncategorized)
TEXAS SCOTTISH FESTIVAL & HIGHLAND GAMES
Texas Scottish Festival