The Scottish Banner has reached out to our Scottish Community through our National Organization, Association of Scottish Games & Festivals. Their message follows:
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
From: The Scottish Banner
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2020
Subject: Reaching out to our Scottish community
During this unprecedented time, we are very anxious of what is happening across the globe. With Scottish events being heavily impacted by postponements and cancellations worldwide, members of our Scottish community organizations cannot get out to attend and celebrate Scotland as we have all enjoyed in the past.
Please find attached the latest issue of the Scottish Banner which you are free to distribute to your membership, which I hope may play a small role in helping to keep members feeling connected to Scotland in this time of social distancing.
If you would like any recent past editions or future editions sent with our compliments do let us know.
If your group has any general news or is doing anything specifically during this extraordinary time, please share it with us so we can share with our readers and followers as now more than ever is the time the Scottish community needs to stand together and support one another. We host the world’s leading international Scottish events listing and our site is being updated daily, if your group has an event change please let us know so the wider Scottish community can keep up to date.
I look forward to when our community can get back to normal and celebrate our great culture, in the meantime the Scottish Banner stands ready in any way we can to assist and support Scottish community organisations both now and in the future.
The Scottish Banner
Join the conversation:
#ScottishBanner or #TheBanner
Celebrating 44 Years of Publication
Uniting Scots Around the World
*Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.
TSF&HG Patrons, Guests & Vendors,
As you might imagine, having the Texas Scottish Festival & Highland Games May 1-3, 2020 has become impossible with the current shelter in place orders in Texas and United States. We are working to reschedule the event in the fall. We are looking for a new venue as the Wise County Fairgrounds is unavailable in the fall.
Please know the TSF Board is committed to finding a new location that will accommodate all the activities that make up the Texas Scottish Festival & Highland Games. With that in mind, we may have to scale down the festival and attendance--giving priority to those who have already pre-purchased tickets. We have a couple locations lined up working with the new festival dates October 16-18, 2020.
1. Sign up for our email list & Facebook for festival updates. Email signup link: https://www.texasscots.com/contact_form.html
2. Our next announcement will be April 16th, 2020. We are optimistic that we will have more information on the new fall venue at that time.
3. If you have already purchased tickets, registered as a vendor or competition/event it will be valid for the new dates, October 16-18, 2020. If you require a refund we will be accepting & begin processing requests starting April 16th.
4. If you have submitted a payment as a Vendor, Scottish clan, Celtic organization, Sponsor etc. we will be reaching out to see if you are interested and able to join us October 16-18, 2020.
5. Look for online offers (Facebook, Social Media and Emails) from us, our vendors and sponsors as we try to support our community.
6. You can reach us: firstname.lastname@example.org and #469.424.1930
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic. This is an unprecedented situation -- unlike anything we have experienced before. In rescheduling the festival, we are doing what we can to take care of others and ourselves by preventing the spread of the virus. Thank you for your understanding and patience. Stay safe and be kind.
Lang may yer lum reek,
Wendy Walker Davis, Executive Director
Follow us online for updates:
We know Thanksgiving is not a Scottish holiday -- but Turkey is a thing for Christmas dinner in Scotland. We thought we would share a fun Scottish pin head oats stuffing recipe. #TexasScots #Thanksgiving
TEXAS SCOTTISH FESTIVAL & HIGHLAND GAMES