Texas Scottish Festival & Highland Games
TSF&HG Patrons, Guests, Partners & Vendors,
There are no words to describe what we have been through over the last several weeks. The coronavirus / COVID-19 global pandemic has significantly altered and impacted our Texas Scots Community. Our hearts are with you and all attendees, vendors, athletes, musicians, volunteers, sponsors, and artists, near and far who’ve been impacted.
The Texas Scottish Festival & Highland Games board is working to keeping our Scottish tradition alive. We recognize that many of you have made changes to your day to day activities and look forward to the festival. Our goal is to announce the new location by May 1st, 2020.
We are grateful for the support from many of you and your understanding during this crisis. Please take care of yourself and your loved ones.
1. Be sure to sign up on Facebook and our other social media for festival updates, vendor offers and virtual events during this time of social distancing. LINKS > FACEBOOK, TWITTER & INSTAGRAM <
2. Our next announcement will be made by May 1st, 2020.
3. If you have already purchased tickets, registered as a vendor or competition/event it will be valid for the new dates, October 16-18, 2020. If you require a refund we will be accepting & begin processing requests starting April 16th, 2020. If we do not hear from you we will assume you are interested in joining us for our Fall Event. If you are interested in a refund please fill out this form: https://www.texasscots.com/coronavirusupdates.html
4. If you wish to purchase ticket for the fall event we will turn on sales when location specifics are confirmed.
5. If you have submitted a payment as a Vendor, Scottish clan, Celtic organization, Sponsor etc. we will be reaching out to see if you are interested and able to join us October 16-18, 2020. If you are unable please fill out this form for a refund: https://www.texasscots.com/coronavirusupdates.html
6. Look for online offers(Facebook, Social Media and Emails) from us, our vendors and sponsors as we try to support our Celtic community.
Thank you for your understanding and patience. Stay safe and be kind.
Wendy Walker Davis, TSF&HG Executive Director
FOLLOW US ON
FACEBOOK, TWITTER & INSTAGRAM
#TexasScots #TexasScottishFestival #KeepTexasKilted
As you might imagine, having the Texas Scottish Festival & Highland Games May 1-3, 2020 has become impossible with the current shelter in place orders in Texas and United States. We are working to reschedule the event in the fall. We are looking for a new venue as the Wise County Fairgrounds is unavailable in the fall.
Please know the TSF Board is committed to finding a new location that will accommodate all the activities that make up the Texas Scottish Festival & Highland Games. With that in mind, we may have to scale down the festival and attendance--giving priority to those who have already pre-purchased tickets. We have a couple locations lined up working with the new festival dates October 16-18, 2020.
1. Sign up for our email list & Facebook for festival updates. Email signup link: https://www.texasscots.com/contact_form.html
2. Our next announcement will be April 16th, 2020. We are optimistic that we will have more information on the new fall venue at that time.
3. If you have already purchased tickets, registered as a vendor or competition/event it will be valid for the new dates, October 16-18, 2020. If you require a refund we will be accepting & begin processing requests starting April 16th.
4. If you have submitted a payment as a Vendor, Scottish clan, Celtic organization, Sponsor etc. we will be reaching out to see if you are interested and able to join us October 16-18, 2020.
5. Look for online offers (Facebook, Social Media and Emails) from us, our vendors and sponsors as we try to support our community.
6. You can reach us: email@example.com and #469.424.1930
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic. This is an unprecedented situation -- unlike anything we have experienced before. In rescheduling the festival, we are doing what we can to take care of others and ourselves by preventing the spread of the virus. Thank you for your understanding and patience. Stay safe and be kind.
Lang may yer lum reek,
Wendy Walker Davis, Executive Director
March 16, 2020 Coronavirus Update:
Texas Scottish Festival & Highland Games(TSF&HG) Friends and Family,
Friday March 13th a Texas State-wide disaster declaration was made. Yesterday, the CDC updated their recommendations to events from a maximum of 250 to 50 people be postponed*. The Texas Scottish Festival & Highland Games is reviewing the new guidelines and our options for the festival to move forward. Your safety is important to us and we are taking this seriously.
We will be reviewing all our options this week and will be in touch with additional information as it relates to the May 1-3, 2020 event. We will make another announcement after our 28th of March TSF&HG board meeting.
Thank you for your patience as we navigate this unprecedented global pandemic. #washyourhands
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The Science of Soap - here’s how it kills the coronavirus by Pall Thordarson > link <
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html > link <
#TexasScots #TexasScottishFestival #WashYourHands #CoverYourCoughs #Coronavirus #WiseCountyTX
We are happy to announce our 2018 Texas Scottish Festival & Highland Games Photo Contest Winners!
Photo Contest1st: CONNOR PAYNE "The Dog of Scotland"
2nd: ROB WOODSON "Untitled"
3rd: GORDON McNORTON "Untitled"
HM: JUSTIN HIRACHETA "Untitled"
Motion/Aerial Winner: JUSTIN HIRACHETA
Social Media Winner: @texansatplay Instagram
TAX DAY Special Good ONLY until Midnight Tonight
Buy One Fri or Sun Ticket and Get One Free
TEXAS SCOTTISH FESTIVAL & HIGHLAND GAMES
Texas Scottish Festival